How do you know if you’re working in an organisation where the barrier of Left Focus is causing problems?
Here’s a quick ‘n dirty test.Read more: Are you working in a Left Focus organisation?
How strongly do you agree with these statements?
- The culture of my company is bureaucratic
- It’s all about the bottom line, despite the company’s stated values
- Employees who tow the company line are more likely to be rewarded than those who promote change
- Creativity is generally viewed with suspicion
If your response to these statements was an emphatic “yes”, then Left Focus is driving the action.
You may be comfortable with this. But if you’re not, you need to find ways to make it conducive to you doing your best work and to your wellbeing. It’s easy to get sucked into a Left Focus way of thinking, so, as a first step, counteract it with intuitive approaches whenever you can.
Listen to your intuition and consistently:
- Do things differently
- Forge unexpected connections
- Use your imagination
- Be curious
- Create change
You may have to do it under the radar. But doing it little and often will help keep you in balance.
The organisations of the future will increasingly depend on the creativity of their members to survive.